Potato Halaya Recipe
A delightfully surprising discovery: Substituting U.S. Dehydrated Potatoes for ube (purple yam), which is very seasonal, turns out awesome results. Simply add deep purple color, and nobody can tell the difference.
- 480 ml. water
- 100 grams U.S. DEHYDRATED POTATO GRANULES
- 40 grams sugar, or to taste
- 300 ml. full-cream sweetened condensed milk
- 370 ml. full-cream evaporated milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla violet food color
- Boil water in a skillet, then lower heat and slowly mix in U.S. Dehydrated Potato Granules.
- Add sugar, condensed milk, evaporated milk and egg yolks. Keep on stirring over medium-low heat until of desired consistency.
- Add butter and vanilla. Lastly, add violet food color.
- Pour into s terilized bottles or onto a serving dish brushed with butter.